The Q CRC is delivering free face to face briefings and governance assessments to all Queensland local governments that apply to participate in the program.
Councils may apply for both a Face to Face briefing and a Governance Assessment at the same time.
Eligibility for a Face to Face briefing
All Queensland local governments are eligible to apply to receive a Face to Face climate change briefing.
Eligibility for a Governance Assessment
To be eligible for a free detailed Governance Assessment your council must either:
- Have participated in a Face to Face briefing; or
- Demonstrate that its current leadership already has an understanding of climate impacts and a commitment to progressing actions to build resilience.
Examples of how a council can demonstrate its current leadership’s understanding and commitment include:
- Briefings made to council and the executive management team;
- Development of a council policy or strategy to address climate change, future resilience or sustainability (where it includes consideration of future hazards and emissions reduction);
- Budget allocation to implement an existing policy or strategy addressing climate change, future resilience or sustainability (where it includes consideration of future hazards and emissions reduction).